- How many Presidents has Tamil Nadu produced?
The answer is three. ( Dr. Radhakrishnan, R. Venkatraman and Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. However if the list includes Rajagopalachari, the erst while Governor-General, the answer is four. The highest for any state in India.)
- Whom did Karunanidhi mockingly reffered to, as the 'Mahavishus of Mount Road'?
The Kasturi family of The Hindu. (apparently they belong to the Iyengar clan).
- We are quite familiar with the name C N Annadurai? What does the initials stand for?
C is for Conjeevaram, the Anglican name of present day Kanchipuram and N denotes Natarajan, his father. (some other Anglican name includes Tanjore, Trichinopoly, Ooty(which is still in use), Tinellvelly, Ramand and more famous of them of all, Madras).
- What is common to Sir C V Raman, Dr. Radhakrishnan and C Rajagopalachari?
They were the first recepient of the Bharat Ratna awrds in 1954. ( by coincidence all three had a Tamil origin. It happened once again in 1998, when Abdul Kalam and M Subbulaksmi were given the Bharat Ratna)
- Who is popularly refered to as the Southern Gandhi?
It is none other than Kamaraj. ( When he died he had less than hundred rupees and a government house to stay).